The Aviary is a climbing wall located in the AMS Nest on the UBC Vancouver campus. We are open to everybody, and have top rope, lead climbing, and an array of training tools to suit both new and experienced climbers.
Membership and Pricing
- Day Pass : $10
- 4 months : $25 ($20 for VOC members)
- 12 months: $50 ($40 for VOC members)
- Rentals (Shoes, harness, belay device): Free for first timers, $5 per visit thereafter
UNFORTUNATELY, WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS!
If you’ve never top rope belayed before, or you feel like you might need a refresher, we can help! We offer free belay lessons!
Come into the gym to book a lesson time. We simply ask that you leave a (refundable) $10 cash deposit to hold your spot. Since this deposit is mandatory, ALL LESSONS MUST BE BOOKED IN PERSON, AT THE GYM.
Please note the following:
- Anybody who uses the gym must first sign a waiver
- If you’re under 19, you need a parent/guardian signature on your waiver
- Climbers under 16 are welcome, but will need a belayer who is certified and 16 or older.
You can also print and sign a paper waiver at home to save time: PDF Waiver
Our hours are subject to change at relatively short notice, so be sure to check the calendar before dropping in!
The Aviary is available for private bookings. Contact us for details and pricing.