Annual club events
Certain club events occur every year. It would be useful to record information about these for the benefit of participants and future organizers. If you are planning, say, Longhike, this should be where you go to get copies of any handouts, spreadsheets, decisions. Do not feel obligated to repeat what we did last year, but usually we can't even remember what we did last year.
The exact dates for these trips vary from year to year - check the trip agenda or the individual trip pages to find out exactly when they are happening.
Recently a post in a blog complained about the large groups sizes on some VOC trips. As a past VOC president, I would request that the club try to reduce trip size to a maximum of 20 in alpine areas. If you want to camp as a larger group why not organize for the group campground at Alice Lake or find a river bed up the Squamish River.
- Glacier school (early September)
- Clubs days (usually 3rd week of September)
- Longhike (October Long Weekend)
- Climbing trip to Leavenworth (Usually Thanksgiving)
- Climbing trip to Skaha (Usually end of October / Halloween)
- Climbing trip to Smith Rock (Usually around Remembrance day weekend)
- Winter Longhike (January or February)
- Intro to Backcountry Skiing (January or February)
- Avalanche course (January or February)
- Garibaldi Neve Traverse (Reading week)
- Climbing trip to Red Rocks (Reading week)