Archive:Castle Towers October 8th - 9th 2011
According to Matt Gun's Scrambles book Castle Towers is one of the most dramatic Peaks in Garibladi Park. It is a 2 day route over several ridge systems that leads off the well maintained trails. Therefore considerable a considerable amount of route finding is required.
We'll be leaving Vancouver early Saturday morning. The trail starts at Cheakamus Lake parking area. We will follow Matt Gun's description up to Gentian pass were we will camp. The ascent to the west summit will be early in the morning.
There might be some walking on snow involved as there might be fresh snow already and also because maybe not all snow melted this year. There is a route across Helm Glacier that we'll avoid.
- Length is ~ 12km according to TR's on bivouac but I'll check the maps for that beforehand
- Elevation gain is ~ 2300m
- Easy to moderate scrambling over boulders and along ridges
Info from Bivouac
What do bring
- Sleeping bag + pad
- Food (1 breakfast + 2 lunches + 1 dinner + snacks)
- min 2 L of water
- Rain gear
- sun glasses and sun screen
- Warm cloth for the night
- Gloves + tuque
- stove + fuel
- ice ax, helmet, crampons
and for more check