Archive:Emily's Beginner-friendly High Falls Creek Daytrip
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
This is great, fairly seldom traveled trail just up the Squamish Valley. It's starts at fairly low elevation, and doesn't reach any prominent peak, yet still provides beautiful views of the valley and of the falls themselves. The trail is attractive, and mostly forested along the way.
We need people to drive. So, the number of people that can come is dependent on the amount of rides we can provide collectively for each other.
- Why is this Beginner Friendly? - I intend this trip for people who have some hiking experience and are comfortable in steep hiking/moderate scrambling situations. It might be steep/challenging. See the VOC definition of beginner friendly here.
My contact info is here.
A moderate level of hiking experience and a reasonable level of fitness would be good.
TBA. Likely, Wednesday, Oct 6th in the early evening. In the clubroom.
A good pair of hiking boots. We will have a lunch break at the top, and bringing food for sharing (potluck style) is highly encouraged.
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened on 9-10-2010. Please do not sign up for it.|
Trip should be around 10-ish people. Kinda depends on if we can all get rides.
- Emily Payne (may obtain a car, if so, will have room for 4 people)
- Nisan Haramati (probably, need to confirm time off from work first. Car with room for 4 passengers.)
- Caroline J (carless)
- Filip Karlsson (New to the VOC, have some hiking experience)
- Marie Ang (also new to VOC, some hiking experience)
- Chester Hitz (new VOC, experienced)
- Eliza Christie (new to VOC, some hiking experience)
- Samantha Moore(new to VOC,some hiking experience, need a ride)
- Yuriko watanabe needs a ride, needs boots.
- Jennifer Bosnick (new to VOC, some hiking experience, needs a ride)
Sign up here and maybe you can come too.
- Miho Mannari (new to VOC, needs a ride, some hiking experiences)
- Angela Kelsey (new to VOC, needs a ride)
- Grace Jauristo (new to VOC, needs a ride, has hiking experience)
- Lisa Altan (new to VOC; has hiking experience; has a ride: van, fits 7 people total; pending getting the day off work)
- Jenna Dur (new to VOC, experience, have a car but would have to bring a guest in order to use it, would have 3 empty seats though.. otherwise carless)
Sign up here if you have a vehicle. Sign up with a driver if you need a ride.
- Nisan Haramati - Leaving from Granville and 70th ave, driving down Granville and off the lion's gate (well, through... My car is not amphibious just yet) -- pending confirmation of time off from work
- Filip Karlsson
- Marie Ang
- Jen Bosnick
- Sam Moore
- <Other Driver> (#number of spots you have)