The hike in to Semaphore lakes (where we will be camping) is an easy 1.5 -2 hour walk, an elevation gain of 320m.
Depending on the weather and conditions we have the option of climbing Locomotive, Tender and Face Mountains.
Locomotive ascent time is about 3 hours from where we will camp and is an easy ascent aside from some snow slopes and route finding. From the summit of Locomotive, Tender is a short and easy jaunt away.
Face Mountain is a bit more challenging involving more moderate scrambling, the route we will take avoids crossing the Train Glacier, climbing Face should take about 3.5hours to get up.
- water bottle (at least 2L, unless you know yourself)
- headlamp and batteries
- sun glasses and/or goggles
- pocket knife
- lighter and/or waterproof matches
- first aid kit
- warm jacket (fleece or down)
- long underwear (top and bottom)
- toque / hat
- mitts / gloves
- weatherproof jacket (goretex or coated nylon or softshell if weather is forecast to be sunny)
- weatherproof pants (goretex or coated nylon or softshell if weather is forecast to be sunny)
- warm pants (fleece or down)
- Ice Axe
- Sleeping Mat
- Sleeping Bag
- Breakfast x 1
- Dinner x 1 (stove/pots to cook with)
- Lunch x 2