Difference between revisions of "Archive:Skaha Halloween 2010"
(→Trip Sign Up)
|Line 167:||Line 167:|
#Monika (has own gear, 50m rope)
#Monika (has own gear, 50m rope)
Revision as of 21:49, 22 October 2010
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
Skaha is a rock climbing area located near Penticton, BC, in the Okanagan Valley. It is generally pretty dry, making it a common destination for times of the year when Squamish is a little soggy. The VOC usually runs a trip there around Halloween. Skaha has climbs at all levels, in both the traditional and sport styles. There is also top-roping possibilities for beginners who know how to set up top-rope anchors. Absolute beginners should have attended longhike before, as this trip is not instructional (but will most probably have tons of nice people). There needs to be at least one person that can set-up a top rope anchor per group.
October 29th - 31st, 2010
- Note: likely with some people coming a day early and some leaving a day late.
Wednesday October 27st, room 211 in the SUB, from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Come to get/offer a ride and organize tent/stove sharing. This meeting is optional, if you already have everything set up, you don't have to come. Please bring some cash to cover the camping to the meeting. If you are not coming to the meeting, bring it on the trip.
We'll be camping at the Lost Moose. They're charging us $200 total for the group (approximately $5 per person if there are 40 of us) and there is also no water, so you'll need to bring your own. Please bring 5-10 dollars to the pre-trip meeting to pay for camping.
We typically celebrate Halloween in style and have a potluck dinner on Saturday night. Otherwise take care of your own food or organize something within your car group. Penticton has lots of grocery stores so don't worry if you forget something.
What to bring
As with most trips you should have an adequate sleeping bag (it's probably going to be below zero), tent, means to cook (i.e. stove or someone to share with), food, and appropriate clothing (it's Halloween, so be creative). Tents and food groups should be organized by car groups, so we'll probably sort it out on the pre-trip meeting. A guidebook would be very useful, so try and scrounge one before coming (there's some stuff available online too, specially new routes). If not, a photographic memory will suffice. Also don't forget your Halloween costume for our potluck Halloween party! (Note: "Rock Climber" is not a very original costume)
If you have them, bring tire chains for your vehicle. Two years ago the highway was a skating rink.
Trip Sign Up
Please write next to your name the kind of climbing you would like to do: TR=top-rope, Sport, or Trad. This might help to separate into groups.
- Todd Mackenzie - Trad and Sport
- Meg Anderson - Sport
- Dan Gainer - Sport
- Skyler D. - Trad, Sport, TR
- Len Goff - Carefree top-roping in the brilliant sun
- Daniel Schweizer - Sport
- Gaby Espino - TR
- Christopher Yearwood - Trad, Sport, TR, whatever I can get
- Annie Maurer - TR
- Ryan Goldsbury - naked, shoeless, chalkless free soloing
- Francis Michaud - TR, Sport
- Katherine Valentine - Sport, TR
- Joe Peace - Sport/TR
- Derry Lappin - TR
- Alexane St-Amant - TR
- Jennifer Y - TR, Sport
- Gwyn Thomas - TR
- Tom Curran - TR
- Phoebe Wong - TR
- Anthea Song - TR
- Monika Hermanova - TR
- Andrew Primavera - Sport, TR
- Alfred Larsen - TR
- Marcin Mirski - Sport, easier trad, or just naked toproping and tanning
- Steph Schmitt- sport or whatever (have rope, draws)
- Andrea Rahman - TR
- William Scales - TR
- Ginny Kloos - TR
- Lesley Winterhalt - Sport
- Lukas Roupa - TR, sport
- Caroline Pollock - TR
- Victoria Alexander - TR
- Noah Besen - Trad, or sport
- Stephanie Kamakas- TR
- Alexander Westbye - Sport, TR or easy Trad
- Christian Hajen - Sport, TR or easy Trad
- Ran Z Caving at night.
- Eva K
- Veenstra (have car, rack, etc... but no chalk because I don't believe in it)
- Veronika Schmitt
- Phil Tomlinson - TR, Sport and maybe I'll work up the stones to do some Trad
- Vicky Alfred - Same as Phil, only slightly better.
- Sebastian Max - TR
- Kasper Podgorski - Sport, Trad
- Wiebke Frerichs - Sport
- Dorothy Kuk - TR
- Justin Lau - TR, Sport
- Claire Farnoux - TR
- Carolyn Grise- TR
- Sophie Tran- TR
- Cameron B-Dilly- Top,Sport,Trad,Spelunk
- Scott Macpherson- Leading
- Breanne J - TR
- Jacob Derewenda - TR (have - Rope, anchor material)
- Tim Christensen - TR
- Jen Allan - TR
- Tera Homey-G following B-Dilly blindly
- Adrien Thevenet- TR, Sport (Rope and gear)
- Bonn-Tien Mark TR, Sport
- Dean Perez TR, Sport
- Matt Parisien - TR, Sport
- Nathaniel Janzen - TR
- Lisa - TR, Sport
If you have space in your car, please post the spots. Passengers pay for gas. If you have a rope and/or rack, please indicate so that we can try and even out people with gear into cars with less gear.
Note: Do not sign up under someone's vehicle without getting permission from the driver first. Passengers, contact your drivers a few days in advance to determine meeting locations/times. Contact info can be found on Member List. The onus is not on drivers to track down all their passengers.
- Tim Christensen(3 spots) [Rope and anchor equipment] Need tent space for 2 people - Leaving UBC Friday noonish?(debatable) - Leaving Skaha Sunday
- C Yearwood (4 spots) [3xRope & 2xTrad Rack & BBQ & Kerosene for Fire Breathing] Leaving 22nd & Heather Friday - Leaving Skaha Sunday
- Skyler D. (you know I live near you)
- Ran Z.
- Wiebke F.
- Eva K.
- Phoebe Wong (4 spots, but no Rope/rack) Leaving UBC Friday around 4/5 pm - Leaving Skaha Sunday - time TBD
- Cameron Bathgate
- Sophie Tran
- Tera one r
- Alfred Larsen (3 spots, rope & anchoring stuff) Leaving UBC Friday - Leaving Skaha Sunday
- Andrew P
- Stephanie K
- Justin Lau (3 Spots, draws, anchoring stuff) Leaving UBC Friday after 4pm - leaving Skaha Sunday
- Dorothy Kuk (hot rack)
- Scott Macpherson (2 Spots, rack and rope) Leaving Vancouver/UBC Friday, possibly in the morning and takeing the long way to Skaha - Leaving Skaha Sunday
- Derry Lappin 4 spots, 60m rope (just enough equipment for TR), Leaving Friday Morning.
- Tom Curran
- Gwyn Thomas
- Ryan Goldsbury 4 spots, 60m rope, rack and draws. Leaving Friday evening coming back Sunday.
- Todd Mackenzie
- Veronika Schmitt
- Jen Allan
- Len Goff
- Dan Gainer 4 spots, 60m rope, sport rack. Leaving Friday evening coming back on Sunday
- Meg Anderson
For those who need a ride. If you write down where you live, maybe drivers will contact you if you happen to live near them...
- Name (Gear)
- Monika (has own gear, 50m rope)
- Marcin (draws and half a rack (few cams))
- Caroline Pollock
- Victoria Alexander
- Noah (small rack, rope, draws)
- Christian Hajen (draws, 60m rope)
- Daniel Schweizer