Archive:Tele School 2011
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Date
- 3 Location
- 4 Costs
- 5 Gear
- 6 Dry School
- 7 Learning Material
- 8 Instructor Sign-up
- 9 Students Sign-up
- 9.1 Beginner (Have never skied - or almost never)
- 9.2 Beginner (Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turns on downhill skis, but never telemarked)
- 9.3 Intermediate (Know how to do a telemark turn, and can link them on low angle runs)
- 9.4 Advanced (You're comfortable on steeper ('black') runs, and want to work on condition specific techniques (moguls, powder, etc))
- 10 Rides
- 11 Carless People
- 12 Transit Options
Laura Morrison - Trip Organizer
January 15th, 2011 @ 9 am We're meeting at Mount Seymour at Guest Services (the upper parking lot).
The advanced class may move to another location.
Please Note: You must pay in advance at the following times:
Monday, January 10, 11:30 am to 1 pm
Tuesday, January 11, 12:30 to 1:30 pm
Wednesday, January 12, 5:30 to 6:30 pm
- Free for instructors
- $35 for Students
You will pay your driver for gas, or $6 for the shuttle bus if you don't have a ride. You may have to rent skis, boots, poles.
You will need functional telemark skis, ski poles, and ski boots. Gear is available to rent from the club room, or from Mountain Equipment Co-op.
- Call MEC well in advance to reserve gear.
We will try and maintain a student to instructor ratio of 4:1 (minimize cost to students while keeping small group sizes). Instructors will be selected as student numbers require in order of sign-up. Instructors: please indicate an appropriate skier ability for your group.
- Ran Z. (Beginner Plus)
- Christopher (Beginner+)
- Erica L. (Beginner+)
- Fabienne M. (Beginner+)
- Nick C. (Beginner+, and only if you're short of instructors)
- Greg W. (Any level, 90% sure I can be there)
- Skyler (Beginner + if it's not on the same day as Advanced)
- Laura C [Dead beginners (could be comical) or learning to tele'ers (could be fun!)]
- Nick M (Beginner)
- Kjell (Advanced/expert) At this level I'm fine with teaching a larger group
- Veenstra (Beginner-intermediate) Have to clear resort by 4pm, but usually that's not a problem...
- Roland Burton I can patiently teach survival skiing to total beginners but I can't teach tele. Is that any use to you?
- Steve Mullen (advanced, though a combined int./adv. group would also be fun)
- Breanne J. (Beginner+ or Beginner)
- Evan Morris (Beginner+)
- Emily Ackroyd (beginner+, or intermediate if needed)
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened on 15-1-2011. Please do not sign up for it.|
4 students per class, if there are no more spots please sign up as Extra and I'll try to fit you in. The last day to sign up is Wednesday, January 12 unless you email and ask me.
Beginner (Have never skied - or almost never)
- (Laura M. if necessary)
- Stephanie Grothe (have learned snow plow and parallel turns once, but that was some years ago) pd
- Jeff Taylor pd
- Angela Willock (I am 100% noob) pd
- Beth Curry ( skied once or twice long ago) pd
- shuval haramati (did teleskis once this year, know only "pizza style") pd
- Lesley Winterhalt pd
- Nick M.
- Knut Kitching pd
- Mel Tan (can snowplow, need work on making those tele turns and linking) pd
- Hillary Topps (re-learning to ski on teleskis) pd
- Natasha Tymo pd
- Roland (paid for himself)
Beginner (Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turns on downhill skis, but never telemarked)
- Ran Zhang
- Caroline Jung pd
- Jean-Simon Michaud pd
- Rebecca Beaton pd
- Julien Renard pd
- Alexane St-Amant pd
- Kate English
- Angela Phung pd
- Fisal Elstone pd
- Erica L.
- Clemens Adolphs pd
- Stephen Lerch pd
- Sherri Tran pd
- Nicole Ong
- Fabienne M.
- Olga L. pd
- Faroe Des Roches pd
- Filip Karlsson
- Chantelle Chan
- Breanne J.
- Emily Piekenbrock pd
- Karioka Mirski pd
- Bethan McKevitt pd
- Jonathan Desautels
- Greg W.
- Dave Perez
- Douglas Schoch pd
- Conrad Koziol pd
- Kevin Cooper
- Martin Matej pd
- Doris Leong pd
- Greta Raymant pd
- Bieke Gils pd
- Caitlin pd
- Emily Ackroyd
- Michael Uhlmann pd
- Emily Payne pd
- Tyler Lewis
- Eric Rush
- Alexander Westbye
- Cara McCulloch pd
- Aron Zahradka pd
- Len Goff pd
- Spencer Rasmussen
Advanced (You're comfortable on steeper ('black') runs, and want to work on condition specific techniques (moguls, powder, etc))
- Kjell and/or Steve Mullen
- Alexander B. Westbye
- Skyler (if I'm not teaching Beginners on the same day)
- Nick M (if I'm not teaching Beginners on the same day)
Please indicate here if you have a car, where you are leaving from and how many people you can transport.
Passengers, don't just sign up. Contact your driver and ask to be a passenger, discuss departure time and place. Drivers going to Seymour typically charge their passengers $5 (round trip), but that depends on the driver.
Driver's Name [Leaving from,# of passengers, phone number]
- Dave Perez (driving Jean-Simon and Alex W., car is now full)
- Douglas Schoch (leaving from UBC, car is full)
- Greg West (90% sure I can go, car is full)
- Nick Matwyuk (East Richmond, 5 seatbelts total, Jeep is full)
- Karioka Mirski (Coquitlam, 5 passengers, can meet at Rupert station; [email protected])
- Christopher Yearwood (Leaving Heather & 22nd, 5 passengers total, car is now full)
- Roland Burton car is now full.
- Mel Tan (Coquitlam and in between to Gilmore Station before taking Route 1, can take 3 additional passengers with our skis)
- Olga L (commercial drive area, room for 3 people but it's a small car! [email protected])
- Kjell Kits/UBC, 2 seats still available, [email protected]
- Kevin Cooper - need rides from ~14th and Main
- Julien Renard - needs a ride from UBC Campus.
- Alexane St-Amant - from UBC
- Michael Uhlmann - from Dunbar and 33rd
- Clemens Adolphs & Stephanie Grothe - from Yew and 7th in Kits
- Nicole Ong - from UBC
- Gaby Espino - from UBC
- Faroe Des Roches - from Main and 18th
- Jeff Taylor - from UBC
- Filip Karlsson - from UBC
- Emily Piekenbrock-from UBC or around 6th and Alma
- Caroline Pollock- 10th and blanca/UBC
- Lesley Winterhalt - King Edward and Dunbar
- Erica Lay - King Edward and Dunbar, UBC, or a transit station
- Knut Kitching - from UBC, happy to bus anywhere to catch a ride though
- Angela Willock - live @ UBC, but willing to bus somewhere to catch a ride
- Spencer Rasmussen - SW Marine at Kullahun
- Greta Raymant - 7th and Alma
- Breanne J - from UBC