Archive:Tele School 2014
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Date
- 3 Location
- 4 Costs
- 5 Gear
- 6 Dry School
- 7 Learning Material
- 8 Instructor Sign-up
- 8.1 Beginner 1 (Have never skied - or almost never)
- 8.2 Beginner 2 (Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turns on downhill skis, but never telemarked)
- 8.3 Intermediate (Know how to do a telemark turn, and can link them on low angle runs)
- 8.4 Extras (people who dont want to be part of the school, but would like the group ticket price)
- 9 Transit Options
Caitlin Schneider - Trip Organizer
January 18th, 2013 @ 9 am We're meeting at Mount Seymour at Guest Services (the upper parking lot).
Please Note: You must pay in advance. Time: TBA.
- Free for instructors
- About $45 for Students
You will pay your driver for gas, or $6 for the shuttle bus if you don't have a ride. You may have to rent skis, boots, poles.
You will need functional telemark skis, ski poles, and ski boots. Gear is available to rent from the club room, or from Mountain Equipment Co-op.
- Call MEC well in advance to reserve gear.
We will try and maintain a student to instructor ratio of 4:1 (minimize cost to students while keeping small group sizes). Instructors will be selected as student numbers require in order of sign-up. Instructors: please indicate an appropriate skier ability for your group.
- Michael Duncan (would prefer to teach beginner (1 or 2))
- Matt Parisien can teach Beginner 2, but is curious about teaching Beginner 1.
- Phil Hammer (2,3)
- Craig Alfredson (any level)
- Christian Veenstra (baby dependent)
Beginner 1 (Have never skied - or almost never)
Beginner 2 (Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turns on downhill skis, but never telemarked)
- Yun Cathy Wang
- Jack M
- Anne D
(max size: 16)
Extras (people who dont want to be part of the school, but would like the group ticket price)
"The $6 fare from Parkgate Community Centre is charged in both directions. A book of 10 tickets is available from Guest Services for $50...."
"The cost for the shuttle between Lonsdale Quay and Mt Seymour is $8 per trip. A book of 10 tickets is available from Guest Services for $70."