Difference between revisions of "Gear rental"
(→Canoe Rental Calendar)
|Line 102:||Line 102:|
|Bike Pannier || $60/ea || We have two.
|Bike Pannier || $60/ea || We have two.
Revision as of 10:25, 13 September 2017
- 1 Gear Rental Hours (when the Clubroom will be open)
- 2 Contact
- 3 Gear List (and deposits)
- 4 Canoe Rental Calendar
- 5 Club Gear
- 6 Gear Rental Rules
- 7 Location
- 8 Deposits
- 9 We Don't Have Tents, Sleeping Bags or Clothing
- 10 Other Gear Rental Locations
Gear Rental Hours (when the Clubroom will be open)
There are no gear hours on public holidays.
- Monday: Will Raleigh-Smith 19:00-20:00
- Tuesday: Will resume after the holidays
- Wednesday: Esther Li 17:00 - 18:00 (Dec 20th only); 13:00 - 15:00 (Jan 3rd only)
- Thursday: Lukas Schreiber 17:30 - 18:30 (until Dec 21, then on different days of the week TBD)
- Friday: Will resume after the holidays
Last updated December 14th, 2017
If you would like to contact the quartermasters, you can email: [email protected] dot com .
Gear List (and deposits)
Climbing/ Mountaineering Gear
|Rope||$100||top rope only, not suitable for leader falls|
|Climbing shoes||$40||should fit tightly, but not utterly destroy your feet|
|Starter Trad Rack||$200||0.3-3 Camalots, Double set of GW nuts. For Rock-4 instructors/students|
|#4/#5/#6 C4 Cams||$200||Includes the set of 3. See: Squamish Offwidth|
|"Climbing package"||$100||Harness, shoes, helmet (Note: not for use in the Aviary)|
|Ice tools||$200||Quarks, Cassins, Vipers|
|Mountaineering boots||$40||stiff boots suitable for crampons|
|Crampons||$40||bring your boots for fitting|
|Hiking boots||$40||not suitable for crampons|
|Packs||$40||20L - 80L|
|Sleeping mats||$20||Mostly Z-Lite mats|
Snow Sports Gear
|Telemark skis + skins||$120|
|Splitboard + skins||$150||We only have one, you need your own snowboard boots|
|Plastic tele boots||$80|
|"Ski Package"||$200||Skis + skins, boots, poles|
|Avalanche transceiver or beacon||$200||batteries are not included!|
|"Avalanche package"||$280||beacon, shovel, probe|
|Whitewater Kayaks||$200||Includes boat, skirt and paddle. Rented at Caitlins discretion.|
|GPS (Etrex 30)||$40||Comes loaded with some maps|
|Two-way radios||$20||Per pair|
|Canoe||$200||Includes life vests and paddles. Rented at quatermaster's discretion.|
|SPOT locator||$100||batteries not included. (Free for trip leader).|
|Crash Pad||$80||We only have two, so one week rental.|
|Bike Pannier||$60/ea||We have two.|
Canoe Rental Calendar
- DEMO: MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY; First Name Last Name
- Tuesday August 22nd to Friday September 1st; Vincent
- 09/01/2017 to 09/07/2017; Adriana Suarez-Gonzalez
- 09/15/2017 to 09/18/2017; Isobel Mouat
Last updated: 29th August 2017
- Objectives: to make gear available to all members, to not lose gear, to keep gear in good condition, to maintain a gear plan, to find good deals on gear.
- Club gear is managed by the Quartermasters, who are elected members of the VOC Exec. We appreciate getting help with gear; if you would like to help out, please volunteer to be a Helper. Quartermasters and Helpers follow gear policy
- As Club gear is maintained by the quartermasters and club members, it is subject to the time constraints of busy students. This means the gear you receive may not be in the best condition. You must examine and/or test borrowed gear before you take it on a trip. Report damage to the quartermasters. Usually you can earn a workhike by maintaining or repairing the club gear you borrow.
- Club members (Student Members and Associate Members, but not Honorary Members) can borrow gear for free if they leave a deposit. In addition, after a 3 rental grace period everyone is supposed to do a workhike before borrowing club gear.
Gear Rental Rules
- Don't try to reserve gear. If you need something, take it before somebody else gets it.
- It is not appropriate to leave gear outside of the clubroom when there are no gear hours.
All gear is borrowed on a deposit system. When you return the gear, you get your deposits returned. Below are some of the deposit amounts. We don't accept personal cheques for deposits, and we don't do credit cards, so that leaves cash only. Deposit amounts are high to encourage you to bring the gear back.
We Don't Have Tents, Sleeping Bags or Clothing
We don't supply outdoors clothing, but sometimes stuff gets abandoned in the Clubroom, so it is worth while to check out the "free bin" from time to time.
Other Gear Rental Locations
Another place you might go to rent gear is Valhalla Pure Outfitters