The VOC currently maintains four huts :
- Brew Hut just South of Mt Brew, between Brandywine Creek and Roe Creek.
- Harrison Hut Near Meager Hotsprings, west of Pemberton.
- Brian Waddington Hut in Phelix Creek (Birkenhead Park) area.
- Burton Hut in Sphinx Bay on Garibaldi Lake, Garibaldi Provincial Park.
Check out the VOC hut maintenance page for info on past and ongoing projects.
Also check the lost and found page for gear left behind in and around the VOC huts.
There is a long history of VOC huts dating back to the late 1910s when the first cabin was built on Hollyburn Mountain.
Reservations, and fees for usage
VOC huts are open to all non-mechanized, non-commercial groups. There is no reservation system. Users should send $5/person/night to:
Varsity Outdoor Club Box 98, Student Union Building 6138 Student Union Mall Vancouver, B.C. V6T 2B9
Commercial users should contact the VOC before using the huts.
Additionally, VOC members often visit other huts in the coast range :
- Keith's Hut in Cerise Creek
- Wendy Thompson Hut at Mariott Basin
- Himmelsbach Hut at Russet Lake
- Wedgemount Hut at Wedgemount Lake
- Mountain Lake Hut on the divide between Furry and Brittania Creeks
- Tantalus Hut at Lake Lovelywater in the Tantalus Range
- Red Tit Hut in the Serratus-Dione Col in the Tantalus Range
- Sentinel Bay Glaciology Huts in Sentinal Bay, Garibaldi Lake
- Elfin Lakes Shelter a colossal masterpiece in the Diamond Head area of Garibaldi Park
- North Creek Cabin
- Lizzie Lake Cabin
- Elsay Lake Cabin
- Snowspider Hut
- Pebble Creek Hut
- Bachelor Lake Cabin Tetrahedron Plateau
- Edwards Lake Cabin Tetrahedron Plateau
- Mount Steel Cabin Tetrahedron Plateau
- McNair Lake Cabin Tetrahedron Plateau
- Henrietta Lake cabin Woodfibre
- Tenquille Lake Cabin
- Knuckleheads Cabin (Powell River)
These are small enough that they don't really count as huts, but a few people could sleep in them if needed.