Difference between revisions of "MEC Gear Swap"
(→Buying Personal Gear)
m (My time)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 21:27, 14 May 2010
Twice per year MEC holds a great big gear swap. Have a look at their website: MEC Vancouver Gear Swap
Due to the popularity of the event, people will show up and sleep in front of the store during the evening of Saturday st to get the best choices and deals. Many VOCers have done the trip over the years and has become basically a tradition.
Usually the way they run things is to only allow people into the tent where the swap takes place in waves. If you are one of people in the first wave then you will get the best choice. It doesn't really make any difference if you are the first, or the 20th, as long as you are in the first wave.
Since this is a sleepover, you will need a few items.
- Foamie (Therm-a-Rest)
- Sleeping bag of sufficient temperature rating
- Warm clothes
- Ear plugs are a big plus (We're on Broadway!)
- Something to kill time (You know what to do...)
- Snacks + water
- Lots of Cash (They only accept cash sales. The amount you want to bring really depends on what you plan on buying. Bring several hundred dollars if you don't know what you want, more if you want to buy something expensive like good skis.)
- A camping chair is always a plus, especially if you plan on arriving early
MEC Gear Swap Spring 2010
Date: May 16thth, 2010
Time: Sunday, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Location: MEC Vancouver
Buying Personal Gear
Post your estimated arrival times so we can all "hurry up and wait" together
- Skyler (will sleep on the street for cheap (fat) skis. how early is early enough?)
- Christina Dixon (will show up late (11pm ish?) to finally stop being a perpetual gear-borrower)
- Lisa LittlePittl
- Alireza Sharif
- Champagne (around 3:30 pm)