Skier responsibility code
From VOC Wiki
Revision as of 21:37, 6 February 2015 by Cskaien
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision or accident, you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through use of alcohol or drugs.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the lift attendant.
- Always check posted trail conditions.
- Ski in the indicated direction and obey all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails.
- Always ski to the right when meeting on-coming skiers and when skiing on double track
- Yield the track to faster skiers and skiers calling 'track'.
- Ski in control. on two-way trails descending skiers have the right of way.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible to others. Move off the track quickly if you fall or during rest stops.
- Do not litter. Take out what you pack in. Respect all property
- Report all incidents.