Note: This page lists upcoming VOC trips. If you want to do a trip on a particular day and nothing is listed here (or you don't like what's listed), see the Trip Ideas page for lots of good information on planning trips. Also, everyone should be aware of the trip guidelines and driver reimbursement guidelines. If you need a hand getting your own trip started we've got an exec position dedicated to helping you out - the Trips Coordinator this year (2010-2011) is Christian Veenstra. He's organized a lot of trips and would be happy to help you get yours off the ground.
Less formal trips may be organized through the Trip Planning Forum on the VOC message board rather than on the wiki. If you are organizing such a trip, it's a good idea to post a link from this page to the thread in the trip planning forum.
- November 3th Slide show: "Training for climbing, avoiding injuries" by Sabrina Burkhardt (clubroom, 7pm
- November 4th V.O.C. Gear Swap: Come buy and/or sell stuff from 18:30-2100
- November 6th Beginner-friendly day hike to Lynn Peak
- November 6th-7th Beginner-friendly trip up Mt Cook and Weart
- Tuesday November 9th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- November 10th Slide show: "Climbing in South Africa" by Dan Gainer (clubroom, 7pm)
- November 11th Smith Rock 2010: Escaping the rain for one last climbing trip in Oregon.
- Friday November 12th - Cutoff Date for payment for Block 1 AST1
- November 11-14th Breanne and Vicky's "Phelix the Hut" ski trip
- November 13th-14th Annual Beginner Friendly Skiing Debacle to Brew Hut
- November 16th Sitka Surfboards Buy Night
- Tuesday November 30th - Evening Session for Block 1 AST1
We don't plan several months in advance, because our stuff is mostly outdoors and depends a bit on the weather. Probably by now there will be snow on the ground and somebody will be organizing snowshoe and intro ski trips. Hiking in the mountains won't be too practical with all that snow. People who already know how to ski will be heading out pretty much every weekend, when exams don't interfere. Hopefully somebody will offer to organize a big New Years trip to Phelix, but if it doesn't get organized, it will almost certainly happen anyway. So, stuff will get scheduled; it's just too early to do it yet.
- Dec 4-5 - Weekend Session for Block 1 AST1
- Jan 8-9 Winter Longhike (UNCONFIRMED)
- Tuesday Jan 11th Evening session for Block 2 AST1
- Tuesday Jan 11th Is also the cutoff date for payment for Block 3 AST1 - snowshoe
- Jan 15-16 Weekend session for Block 2 AST1
- Jan 22-23 weekend session #1 for Block 5 AST2
- Thursday Jan 27th cutoff date for payment for Block 4 AST1
- Jan 29-30 Weekend session for [[ Block 3 AST1 - snowshoe
- Jan 29-30 weekend session #2 for Block 5 AST2
- Tuesday February 8th evening session for Block 4 AST1
- Feb 12-13 weekend session for Block 4 AST1
- Slide shows Usually 7pm Wednesday evenings during the winter
- Leave No Trace Seminars Once per term
- VOC Ultimate Frisbee games happen every Wednesday evening throughout the summer
- Summer Barbeques First Wednesday of each month throughout the summer
- Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section trip schedule ACC
- BC Mountaineering Club trip schedule BCMC