VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Eldorado Peak in a day · Saturday, July 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 18th
Eldorado Peak is a snowy peak near Marblemount, WA that I've been eyeing (despite the snow slogness of it) for it's fine ridge to the summit. With a steady 2200 m of elevation over 6 km, it looks like a fine contender for a challenging day trip.
Prior glacier experience is required and ideally you know you are capable of >2000m in a day already. Crampons, ice axe, a snow picket/person (I have a 60m glacier rope) + the should-be obvious gear to attach to them (harness, assorted biners, prussiks). The terrain is fairly straightforward but the summit ridge can get knify.
I'm willing to go as two with someone experienced; with as many as 4 (5 if it's a low-faff group). My car will either leave Friday night for a road side camp and early start (my pref I think) or very early Sat morn (with help driving home possibly needed after the long day).
Interested parties should contact me directly asap.
Views should be stellar!