Members can insert new events into the calendar and signup for trips, but please read the instructions before posting.
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.

Castle Towers- Intermediate Friendly · Sat. Jul. 25th - Sun. Jul. 26th

Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened

Warning, this trip has been cancelled

  • Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
  • This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
  • Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
  • Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
  • Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
  • Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
  • Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
  • Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
  • Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
  • Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Cora Skaien.

Start: Saturday, Jul. 25th
End: Sunday, Jul. 26th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 23rd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Beach at the bottom of Tolmie Street for those who can make it?


I am keen for Castle Towers! The idea will be a two day trip, maybe leave Friday evening for those available to leave Friday evening. We will be looking at 2 long days. The idea will be to cross the glacier with crampons instead of skirting around it to reduce time. We will camp along the way, and hopefully have water!

The forecast is actually not ideal at the moment (40-60% chance rain), so confirmation of this trip may be weather dependent. If things fail, we can as a group have a plan B.

It would be great if people would be available Thursday evening around 8 PM to meet at the beach at the bottom of Tolmie Street to discuss logistics. Let me know if you cannot make it!

Posted: 2015-07-21 11:09:38
Last modified: 2015-07-23 19:51:43