VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
MEC Clubs Night · Tuesday, November 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, 7:00 pm
End: Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, 9:00 pm
Come to the twice-yearly Vancouver Mountain Equipment Co-op for Clubs Night! Here you will be able to get a 10% discount on any regular priced item in the store and be eligible for some raffle prize items and snacks!
Remember to check in at the VOC table to get your "iIm with the VOC" stamp and to sign up as interested so we can let MEC know how busy they should expect to be, and we'll se you there!
I would like to personally invite your club to our fall club night on Tuesday, November 3rd. As a club you can use this opportunity to reach out to new members with a display in the store to highlight your group’s activities and events.
1. Please confirm that your group will be attending by Tuesday, October 3th (I know you're all coming though!)
2. Your club night will take place at the MEC Vancouver store location, at 130 West Broadway and will run for 2 hours, 7:00-9:00pm.
3. One week prior to the event (October 27th) please provide a list of your members that plan to attend so that we can ensure we have enough staff on hand to assist them. Along with this list, please provide a contact that will be able to remain at the door to assist in identifying your group’s members. This list will not be exclusive on the evening, as long as members are able to identify themselves as being part of the club then they will be welcomed in. All clubs must have someone stay at their table to check in members for the duration of the clubnight.
4. You are welcome to bring promotional materials for your club to set up a display at the event if you wish to do so.
5. Your members will receive 10% off of all regularly priced items purchased that evening – including bikes and boats! All items must be in stock and purchased through our tills that evening in order to be eligible for the discount. We cannot offer the discount on items that are purchased online, or on out of stock items. The discount also does not extend to items that are on clearance or are part of a packaged discount.
6. Please note that the Member Services Desk, Rentals Desk, and Bike Shop all close at 7 pm. Members can put items on hold up to 48 hours before the event, and can be picked up at the Member Services Desk just before 7 pm. The discounted rate will not apply until members are checked in by your club's representatives starting at 7. Items that have been purchased before the event cannot be returned and re-purchased at the discounted rate. We would appreciate club leaders communicating this to all attending club members. There are no exceptions to this rule.
7. All participants must be members of Mountain Equipment Co-op in order to make a purchase. If they are not yet members, they are welcome to sign up and purchase a membership ($5.00) that evening.