VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Elfin Lakes trail running · Saturday, August 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : No driver available saturday
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 22nd
End: Saturday, Aug. 22nd
Pre-trip meeting location: email
Would anyone be interested in running up and back to Elfin Lakes this Saturday? It's 22k roundtrip with 600m gain to the lakes on pretty easy non-technical trail. It's supposed to be clear and not too warm on Saturday. We can swim in the lake and look at mountains :-) I've been up to Elfin once before in the summer and I'd love to go up for a run!
Sound like fun?
You should bring trail shoes, a small backpack or pockets with some compact snacks and water, windbreaker, headlamp (just in case), and a smile. This run would be good for someone newer to trail running but comfortable with running or hiking for a few hours.
I am carless, so if we'll need to rustle up a driver :-)