VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix Hut · Sun. Aug. 23rd - Tue. Aug. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Aug. 23rd, 1:00 pm
End: Tuesday, Aug. 25th, 11:55 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: None- email me
I was planning to spend a week up at Harrison with son Dave, but that plan got crushed by the road closure/forest fire. So now I will spend a couple of days up at Phelix instead. We will depart Vancouver after lunch Sunday August 23, spend Sunday night at the trail head, hike in Monday morning when it is cool. How long should we stay up there? Coming back Tuesday. Let me know asap if this sounds like your thing, as I still have 2 vacant seats in the Jeep, so far.
Things to do up there: Swim if it's not too cold. Test the new outhouse location. Climb something, probably Frodo. Or whatever you like. Install the missing screw in the door latch. Install Sweep. Install weather strip. Build piece of missing wall above door. Paint door.