VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Juan de Fuca Marine Trail hike · Fri. Aug. 21st - Mon. Aug. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Aug. 21st, 7:38 am
End: Monday, Aug. 24th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: contact me 867 334 0231
The Juan de Fuca is on! and we want you to come with us!
we're going to hike the Juan de Fuca trail starting early Friday morning and returning late Monday using ferry and hitch-hiking.
People say it's like the little sister of the west coast trail :) we'll passing through some old growth cedar forest and spend some time on the beaches!
the plan is to meet at the Tsawassen ferry terminal at 7h38 on friday morning in time for the 8h ferry, we then bus our way to sooke arriving around 12h30. from there we hitch hike the short distance to the china beach trail head and hike about 10km to our first campsite! the entire trail is only 47km, we'll do most of it on day 2. on day 3 we hitch hike back to sooke. this will be somewhat intense more or less. there are many opportunities to bail from so we have options. if people want, we are open to adding another day onto the hike.
I know this is last minute, so well arrange food and tent groups through email faff
hope you can join, itll be fun!