VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Preparing for the Backcountry [Workshop] · Thursday, September 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Sep. 17th, 6:00 pm
Booking Name: BackCountry Workshop 17/Sep/2015 17:30 - BUCH D316
Room: BUCH D316
Date(s): Thursday, 17/09/2015
This will be an on-campus worskhop to prepare novices for their first trips into the backcountry. By completing this workshop you'll be prepared for your first VOC trips and have more fun on the trip with a lighter pack, comfy hiking boots and the right attitude.
- Choosing the right trips
- How to pack your pack
- Pacing and food
- Choosing the right boots / Managing your feet on the trail
- Staying found
- What to do in an emergency
I'll need a few helping instructors, sign up / email me if you're interested.