VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Castle Towers Scramble · Sat. Oct. 8th - Sun. Oct. 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 8th
End: Sunday, Oct. 9th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 5th
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room, 6pm
Matt Gun's Scrambles book says: 'Castle Towers is one of the most dramatic Peaks in Garibladi Park. Tucked away northeast of the lake behind several ridge systems, this peak is an excellent 2 day route that leads far off the well maintained trails. Due to the lack of trails considerable amount of route finding is required on the approach, ...'
We'll be leaving Vancouver early Saturday morning. The trail starts at Cheakamus Lake parking area and follow Matt Gun's description up to Gentian pass were we will camp. The ascent to the west summit will be early in the morning.
There might be some walking on snow involved as there might be fresh snow already and also because maybe not all snow melted this year. There is a route across Helm Glacier that we'll avoid.
The total length is ~ 30km (return, so 15km one way) according to TR's on bivouac but I'll check the maps for that beforehand. Elevation gain is ~ 2300m
Please check the WIKI and the message board for more info such as gear, etc.