VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Trips to the Arctic (Ellesmere Island, Iceland, Greenland) by Cassandra Elphinstone · Wednesday, October 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 14th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BUCH B213
presentation on the Arctic (Ellesmere Island this summer and last summer and Iceland and Greenland four years ago).
The Arctic is a special place; once you see it you will never forget its vast beauty, its spectacular peaks and its endless glaciers. Four years ago during an SOI Arctic (2011) expedition to Iceland, Greenland, and parts of northern Canada I fell in love with the Arctic landscape, its wildlife and its harsh conditions. For the past two summers I have had the amazing opportunity to return to the high arctic, this time to Ellesmere Island (a polar desert). Come hear about six months of camp life with 24 hour daylight, polar bears in camp, miniature plants, and mild frostbite in the middle of summer.
Location: BUCH B213
Time: 7:00 PM