VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harvest Hustle & Post Run Feast · Saturday, October 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 10th, 2:00 pm
TL;DR - this event features a hilly-as-heck North Shore trail run, followed by a potluck chez moi. This event is NOT beginner-friendly, and experience running on technical, steep trails would be preferable!
Part 1: Run
- runners will meet at Old Buck Trailhead, near the base of Seymour in North Vancouver
- before starting, we will split into 2 pace groups. I will lead a fast-ish group, and my super cool mom (a seasoned ultrarunner) will take a slightly slower group.
- I have been using strava maps of my own runs to estimate the distance... I'm guessing that it will be about 18.5+ km. Sounds short, but trust me, it'll be a toughie!
For anyone who knows the North Shore trails well, the tentative route is as follows:
Old Buck --> Bridle Path --> Sticks & Stones --> Bridle Path --> Mary Kirk --> Baden Powell (Seymour Grind) --> Good Sir Martin --> Penny Lane, Rapid Transit, etc. --> Baden Powell (down through Hyannis) --> Fisherman's Trail --> Mystery Creek Climb --> Ridgerunner --> Greenland --> NS High School League Trail --> Forever After --> Dale's Trail --> through Mushroom Parking Lot to Incline Trail (then cross Mt Seymour Rd) --> Old Buck Connector --> Old Buck to parking lot
Don't worry, you don't have to memorize this because you will have a leader :)
Part 2: Feast
If there is sufficient interest, I'd love to host a potluck feast at my house after the race! Sadly, I can only have a max of 10 runners over because our house is pretty small. Bring something to share, and I'll pop it in a cooler in my car while we run. There are showers at Parkgate Rec Centre (right near Old Buck Trailhead) if you feel like washing up after the run.
NOTE: there will be NO pretrip meeting for this event. The cutoff for entry is Oct. 3 (one week in advance). After that date, all details will be provided in emails and such.
IF YOU ARE SIGNING UP AS "COMMITTED": please specify "Run" or "Run & Feast"!
Email me if you have any questions!