VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Thanksgiving in Jasper · Thu. Oct. 8th - Mon. Oct. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Oct. 8th, 12:00 pm
End: Monday, Oct. 12th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Oct. 5th, 6:00 pm
Hi everyone! It's the first time I try to organized a trip (I'm also new in VOC) and I'm making this trip tentative since I barely know the area so I need the help of you for a good organization.
The idea is get a car or two, as I don't have any I'm thinking in renting but if any of you can provide one would be awesome. Then start driving Thursday 8th asap (but probably for me couldn't be possible before 12-1 pm, let's see when we are closer to the date) and get to Jasper area at night.
Next day start a two or three days hike, which would depend on conditions. Tonquin Valley loop looks awesome. But if there is alredy snow we should go for low elevation hikes. I don't worry as I think everything there is so beautiful. And driving back to Vancouver trying to sleep Monday 12th in our beds.
Trip dates are flexible, so we can find the best solution for everybody who is interested in the trip.