VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Rockclimbing! · Sunday, September 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 27th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff
Are you stoked for rock party? Have you always wanted to try climbing outside but are usure of where to start? Do you have no idea what I'm talking about but the words "climbing" and "rock" sound good together and you wanna give it a try? Then this trip is for you! Andrew and I will take care of the ropes and anchors, all you need is your basic gear (can be rented from the clubroom) and stoke!
This trip is completely beginner friendly (no experience necessary), though some previous belaying experience would be helpful. Location is TBD based whether or not we have drivers. Everyone must bring a climbing harness, climbing shoes, and helmet (all of which can be rented from the clubroom), as well as lunch and comfortable clothes. You will also need a locking carabiner and belay device (ATC), which can be purchased from MEC, though these can be shared between two people. Due to there only being two experienced people going, I'm capping the size of the trip at 10, sign up is first come first serve. There will be no pretrip meeting, all organizing will be done via email faff. If you have any questions please email me :)