VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
The Annual Brew Debacle (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Nov. 7th - Sun. Nov. 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 7th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 8th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ANGU 334
Ski season is just around the corner! And nothing gets me excited for snow like hiking in ski boots with skis on my back up to the VOC's very own, very cozy, Brew hut. Last year we had beautiful, sunny weather and just enough snow to make the people who left their skis behind regret having left their skis behind. Other years have featured getting turned around on the sea-to-sky, calling off the trip half way up the trail because of pouring rain, and 17 hour epics with exhausted, dehydrated bodies reaching the hut in the wee hours of the morning, to name a few.
So I make no promises as to what will be accomplished. This is a beginner-friendly trip; you need not ever have seen snow before in your life, although you must make every effort to come prepared. We will have a detailed discussion about what "prepared" means during the pre-trip meeting. There will be some experienced people along to lend a hand when needed, they are not guides by any means but I have recruited them for their super-human patience.