VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tenquille Lake Hut Trip · Sat. Sep. 24th - Sun. Sep. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 24th
End: Sunday, Sep. 25th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Sep. 22nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
This will be a beginner friendly hiking trip to the new hut which has just recently been built at Tenquille lake as well as a workhike opportunity! The hike is listed as "intermediate" which basically means you should be fit enough to hike uphill for 13km with a pack, and have some shovel manoeuvering skills. We will have a PhDP (Poop Hole Digging Party) on sunday where we will dig a new outhouse hole on the east shoreline of the lake and attempt to move an old outhouse structure from the cabin site to this tent site, after which we can scramble up some nearby peaks. We will hike in via either route 1 or 2 listed on this site (http://www.clubtread.com/routes/Route.aspx?Route=279) depending on 4WD vehicle availability. We could also split into two groups with one hiking in from the Pemberton side and out the Birkenhead side and the other doing the opposite.
See the facebook group for photos of the new cabin! http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=277208635629192&id=100000201748338&ref=notif¬if_t=feed_comment#!/pages/Tenquille-Lake-Cabin/139756616035967