VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Rocks Remembrance Romp! · Sat. Nov. 7th - Sat. Nov. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 7th, 8:00 am
End: Saturday, Nov. 14th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email faff
Red Rocks! Typically the VOC tradition is to head down to Smith Rock over the Remembrance Day holiday to escape the rain and cold in Squamish. However, I have the whole week off so I am planning on climbing further afield in fabulous Las Vega... er I mean Red Rocks, Nevada!
This will be an entirely self-sufficient trip, meaning you must organize your own transportation, partner, gear etc. However, myself and a couple other VOCers will be down there so the more the merrier!
Climb sweet stuff like this: http://www.supertopo.com/rock-climbing/Red-Rocks-Black-Velvet-Canyon-Epinephrine
Logistics-wise, Red Rocks is about a 20 hour drive to Red Rocks from Vancouver, so in many ways it is easier to fly. As of today there were super cheap flights available from Bellingham! Check it out. Also looking for a couple people to split the cost of a rental car with (mandatory for those flying and opens up other areas like Joshua Tree)
Email faff only, no pre-trip is planned as this is an informal, self-organized trip. However, I'm happy to ask any questions you might have regarding gear, logistics or anything else!