VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Skaha Bluffs Halloween Trip · Fri. Oct. 30th - Sun. Nov. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 30th
End: Sunday, Nov. 1st
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Oct. 26th, 8:15 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: outside the club room
Weather is bad everywhere - cancellleddd
This year for Halloween come out to Skaha and rock climb in costume!
Skaha is located just south of Penticton east of Skaha Lake. This region is more likely to be dry than Squamish, so it's great for late and early season climbing. The rock is edgy gneiss and the routes are predominately sport. There is a nice range of both easy and difficult climbs.
Beginner climbers should at least be comfortable setting up a top rope, or be accompanying someone who has agreed to set up for them.
Edit: Apparently off season camping is free at Vaseux Lake, which is only a 20 minute drive from the bluffs - so will most likely be camping there
Feel free to contact me with questions and concerns :)