VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Elfin Lakes! Study Friendly · Sat. Oct. 24th - Sun. Oct. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 24th
End: Sunday, Oct. 25th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 21st, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Club room
*Group size is NOT capped at 10 sorry! My bad, I moved the trip date and forgot to change it. Size will depend on drivers; come to the pre-trip if you are interested!*
Midterms and deadlines are rolling in, I know. But what if we went away and studied at the same time? Elfin Lakes is about 600 m elevation and 10 K one way. In addition to there being a very beautiful lake, there will also be a very beautiful solar powered hut in which we can study. Of course, you don't have to study.
Winter is coming, so it will be cold. If you have a waterproof jacket, a reasonable tent, maybe a tarp, and loads of sweaters and an sleeping bag rated to 0 or negative degrees, you should be OK.
There is no rain in the forecast as of right now.
At least one car and one driver will be needed. The car should probably not be a dying small car, as the road up is winding and not flat.