VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly scrambling at Wedgemount lake · Sat. Oct. 17th - Sun. Oct. 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 17th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 18th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom MAP
Let's go to Wedgemount lake for the weekend. The lake is beautiful and there's a hut, but we should bring tents nevertheless because it does not fit a lot of people. From the lake there are two scrambles that we can do: Mount Weart or Mount Cook. Mount Weart is supposedly a bit more rewarding than Mount Cook, but also not as straightforward. Personally I have only done Mount Cook. On Sunday we will choose one of those depending on people's comfort levels, just staying at the lake is also an option.
For the scramble you will need an ice axe and a helmet. You will also need sturdy hiking boots, regardless of whether we are doing the scramble or not. The gear and details of the two scrambling options will also be discussed at the pretrip meeting.
picture taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_Mountain