VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wild & Scenic Film Fest [CPAWS BC] · Wednesday, October 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: 1100 Chestnut Street
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival is the largest environmental film festival in North America. Last year the festival partnered with over 140 environmental groups, nature centres, non-profits, museums, and universities to host venues across the United States and Canada. The touring festival has invited CPAWS to bring the Wild & Scenic Film Festival to our community to increase the groundswell for the environmental movement by using film to inspire environmental action.
There will local craft beer provided by Postmark Brewery, ice cream provided by Rain or Shine Icecream and snacks available at the event for purchase. There will also be a raffle with some great prizes to win! More information on the event can be found on the website page (http://cpawsbc.org/events/wild-and-scenic-festival).
Tickets for the event are available online for $15 in advance and $20 at the door and all of the money raised goes towards protecting BC’s wild places.
Location: H.R. MacMillan Space Centre, 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC
Cost: $15 Advance | $20 Door