VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Backcountry Ski Touring Info night · Thursday, October 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Oct. 29th, 7:00 pm
Interested in learning how to self-propel yourself successfully into the great backcountry of the coast ranges?
Ski touring is an exciting way to get yourself to distant places and mountain peaks, with rewarding views, good company, and the requisite of having to "earn your turns".
The VOC is running a ski touring info night, where some experienced members of the club will go over basics such as what to bring on overnight ski tours, how to pack well, tips and tricks for skinning, and a basic rundown of what to expect as you embark on your first ski touring trip.
This information session is aimed at beginners, but experienced skiers may find some useful tips in the presentation - and are welcome to join in and share their pro tips!
This info night does not replace any avalanche safety training course, and should be seen as a basic introduction to the theory and esthetics of ski touring. The goal of this info night is to share knowledge, and the stoke of skiing! Hope to see you there
Date and Time: Thursday, October 29th, 7pm
Location: VOC Clubroom in the basement of the Nest