VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Nepal, through earthquake and avalanches- Amin Aziznia · Tuesday, November 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 10th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Earth and Ocean Sciences Room 1012
Amin had an interesting experience in Nepal in April-May 2015 trekking in Khumbu region of Nepal around Everest base camp and 5,000m peaks around it. He experienced the devastating Nepal Earthquack, just missed the avalanche and got stock in the mountains for a week before he could get a flight back to Kathmandu. He will share his story with us and is going to show tons of beautiful pictures from one of most fascinating places on Earth. Amin cant wait to go back to Himalayas again next year, this time probably Annapurna region...