VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
**Ski Mountaineering Skills Course @ Wreck Beach - Beg. Friendly!** · Sunday, November 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 8th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Top of Trail 6 Stairs - Wreck Beach
*** NOTE: Since Zack and I are busy this week, there will be no session this Thursday. To make up for it, this Sunday I'll be offering a session. If you haven't been to any sessions in the past, this one is great to start with as we'll have more time to cover everything!***
Hey all G1 graduates, prospective G2ers, AST 1 prospectives, or ski mountaineers/ski mountaineers in-training! We've heard from y'all that you're super stoked to learn how to travel on glaciers this year! That's awesome; but unfortunately, due to a low snow year this past year, the glaciers are pretty sketchy right now. But have no fear; your solution is here! I know we're all mountain people, but why not learn these skills such as self arrest, crevasse rescue, and companion rescue on Wreck Beach?! Just think....who would wanna learn setting up Z-pulleys in freezing cold, polar weather when you could learn it and practice it at sea-level in this beautiful spot:
I rest my case. Clinics will discuss crevasse rescue steps, self arrest, roping up for glaciers, and any advanced crevasse rescue skills you wish to learn. **UPDATE: Clinic will now discuss skills for winter travel in the backcountry, such as avalanche companion rescue in addition to glacier-travel skills.***This event will be hosted bi-weekly on Thursday or Monday evenings, so if you don't make it out now surely sign up again for the next event! Get stoked to get safe out there!!