VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Super Beginner-Friendly Garibaldi Lake Day Trip · Sunday, November 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 22nd, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Nov. 19th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Heading up to Garibaldi lake this Sunday for the purpose of avoiding insanity.
This is a super easy, super low-commitment day trip, in which we'll hike up to the lake with no real agenda to frolic in the snow, jacket-toboggan, and ignore responsibilities. Since it's only one (relatively easy) day; this is beginner-friendly, hangover-friendly(ish), and definitely 'let's bring stupid things into the mountains'-friendly.
Some of my suggestions are:
Note: You can use all these things to slide down snow slopes if you try hard enough.
As far as I know, there should be a decent amount of snow at the lake. We can hang out up by there for a couple hours, have lunch, come up with plans as we go (open to suggestions for mountain antics), and probably aim to get out of there at a reasonable time. There's another VOC group that will be up there this weekend doing serious ski-things; we will wave at them as they ski by.
Since this trip is pretty last minute, if you want to sign up after the pre-trip meeting (Thursday night), just shoot me an email and we can try and arrange something! Also don't hesitate to message me if you have any other questions.