VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Day trip ski touring at Elfin Lakes or Taylor Meadow · Sunday, November 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 22nd, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 22nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: through email, if necessary meet at UBC
I have not been in the mountains lately. Now I got a new pair of skins for my skies and I'd like to go to a day trip ski touring on either Red Heather (Elfin Lakes) or Taylor Meadow. Apparantly, it is good snow up there.
I cant do overnight, that is why I'd like to do it quickly just for Sunday. Depending on the avalanche condtion, we will decide what slope to hit. It will be an early leave and comeing back late. But we will not ski in dark.
I am not sure if this trip will be beginner frindly or not. You don't need to be a strong skier, but you need to know how to ski, have AST-1 or equivalent.
This trip is just for me to get out, try my new skins and have some fresh mountain weather. Dont expect a big ski day! Some truns...