VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Mt. Rohr Mission · Sat. Mar. 19th - Sun. Mar. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 19th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 16th, 6:15 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
The Duffy lakes area may be a long way away, but it looks pretty awesome, so I want to go exploring. One of the cool things about the area is that the highway is at serious elevation (over 1000m) so you can get up to nice high altitudes really quickly. After the heavy snow we ran into at Brew recently, my hope is the extra elevation will get us some nice light, deep, powder.
The game plan is to drive up Saturday morning and then tour in to Rohr Lake. We'll then dump our heavy stuff (it's not very far to the lake) and either ski some slopes in the area or try to bag Mt. Rohr (and then ski down). On Sunday we'll spend the morning skiing stuff before we pack up camp and head back to the cars. So, no matter what, there'll be lots of skiing.