VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC100 - Centennial Commitee · Tuesday, January 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Jan. 12th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
As some of you know, The Varsity Outdoor Club will be celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2017. This celebration will involve three initiatives:
It is necessary that we work together to organize these events and compile this book. No one person can do all of this work alone. This is a call for help! VOC is a longstanding organization that depends on the active participation of all of us. I'm sure we all realize how important this club is to many people.
We need people to
- Recruit VOC members to the Centennial Organizing Committee
- Contact VOC alumni to invite them to the events and ask for them to contribute their personal pictures and stories to the Centennial Coffee Table Book
- Organize the Centennial Banquet at a venue in Vancouver
- Contact organizations having VOC alumni as members to advertise our three Centennial Initiatives
- Parse and compile alumni submissions for the the Centennial Coffee Table Book
- Edit and Publish the Centennial Coffee Table Book
- Study the history behind the formation of VOC, and write a historical introduction for the Centennial Coffee Table Book
- Organize The Centennial Trip on the weekend of the Centennial Banquet
This is a lot to handle. Please contribute what you can!
If you are willing to make a contribution to our efforts, please email me at with the tasks you'd like to take on. Every bit helps. This is a great way to be deeply involved with the club, and your contributions will earn the gratitude of many people from the VOC's past and present.