VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Skiing or some sort of adventure (beginner friendly for friendly beginners) · Sat. Dec. 19th - Sun. Dec. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : Snow conditions, lack of actual plan
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 19th
End: Sunday, Dec. 20th
I finish exams on the 17th and want to try some tele-skiing. I may have access to a car (but it cannot do logging roads). I have very basic tele skills (I think I can survival ski things) But I have not actually ski'd tele (or any type of skiing) in years. I would like to go somewhere and see how rusty my skills are or whether I should just give up on tele and do AT. I would also be down for a traverse or a trip longer than just two days. I am available from the 18th to the 22nd. I would like to do this trip as one self sufficient car group to minimize faff and disorganization. I don't have AST-1 or really any avalanche knowledge or skills (though I am planning to study, and practice my beacon searches).
If Ice comes in I would also be down to ice climb. I'm flexible.
Would be open to a bigger trip but i will only organize one car load, each car must be independent but we can go to the same place. Will organize via email/message borad/phone/trip agenda/occult methods