VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Work Hike: Meager Creek Route Flagging · Sat. Sep. 24th - Sun. Sep. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 24th
End: Sunday, Sep. 25th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 21st, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC clubroom MAP
This trip will be to flag and determine the most optimal route for the first leg of a trail that will eventually go to the VOC Harrison Hut. The plan is to flag the most optimal route and do some minor brushing along the route. We will be camping at the trail head which is where we will park the cars so heavy stuff like a change of clothes/beer/wine/fresh veggies is allowed and this will allow us to travel light during the day which will make the work easier. This trip can accommodate 2 different "types" of output people.
1) People to bushwack around and place a few pieces of flagging to mark the route.
2) People to follow and refine the line with some minor brush clearing if needed to allow easy walking.
The pretrip meeting will have a slide show component that will discuss what has been done to date and what we plan to do. The pretrip meeting will have either carrot or zucchini muffins or both.
The road to the trail head is mostly 2wd but some 4wd HC is needed to make it all the way up to the trail head.