VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Attempting a SKIMO Race in Golden, BC · Fri. Jan. 22nd - Sun. Jan. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 22nd
End: Sunday, Jan. 24th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Jan. 18th
Pre-trip meeting location: TBA
The VOC goes to a SKIMO race! Do you feel the urge to competitively ski up and down a mountain range for several hours? Well join us and many other silly people for a ski mountaineering race in beautiful Golden BC. Here is the link to the registration site http://www.skintrack.com/dogtooth-dash-skimo-race/. I am not entirely sure of the logistics, but we will be heading down Friday, racing on Saturday, and skiing (with some very tired legs) at kicking horse resort on Sunday. You don’t need to be an expert skier, or necessarily in great shape, or really be racing competitively to go on this trip, but you do need to be confident in your backcountry skiing ability and be okay with competing in the race as an individual. This is my first SKIMO race, so I don’t know what it will be like except that it will be tons of fun!
There is a rather steep registration fee, but this also includes a pass to ski at kicking horse on Sunday. There are 2 race categories and the participants range from serious to recreational. Check out all the rules and logistics on the link above. Here is a link to a video of the race https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YD_tiXoCHA. Come on out. It will be a hoot!