VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Annual Snow Lover's Getaway - Beginner Friendly! · Sat. Feb. 27th - Sun. Feb. 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Not enough interest / organizer conflict
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 27th
End: Sunday, Feb. 28th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Important date change: Snow Lover's will be take place the Feb 28-27.
It's time again... for Snow Lovers Getaway!!!
Spend the begining end of your Reading Week some time getting down with some sexy snow out at Manning Park Resort.
Saturday we'll have a group lift-ticket discount to practice skiing on the slopes.
Sunday, groups can put their new ski skills to the test on some of the local backcountry trails. Ambitious groups could even turn this trip into a multiday touring adventure of the region (with the break and all).
Lift tickets are $40 in advance. A sign up sheet will be available in the clubroom starting Feb 3. You must pay before you can come on the trip.
Pre-trip meeting will be held one week before the trip, as I need to confirm numbers with Manning at least one week prior to get our discount. Pre-trip is Feb 17th at 6pm in the clubroom.
This trip IS beginner friendly! Part of the purpose of skiing at the resort is to build up your ski skills to help you tackle the back country. We will discuss this more at the pre-trip, but car groups may decide to split by skill level and attempt various routes on Sunday.
As always feel free to emails me with questions or post on the message board.