VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Trekking in Nepal, Nicole Barrette · Wednesday, March 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Mar. 16th, 8:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB 2012
Come join us at 8:30 PM in ESB 2012 to hear about Nicole's adventures in Nepal! Please note that this slideshow is an hour later than normal because of the wonderful opportunity to view the film "Paddle for the North" at 7:00 PM. http://paddleforthenorth.org/
Have you ever wanted to travel to Nepal? Come hear what it’s like to trek through the streets of Kathmandu and the peaks of the Himalayas, including what to do when things don’t go as planned! Photos and maps will help illustrate my journey through the Khumbu Valley, highlighting the culture, people, and mountains. In addition, I will also be sharing tips on how to do night/star photography using a DSLR: something you can learn to do right here in Vancouver! (No need for Himalayas, though they make nice subjects).