VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
FILM: The Last Summer Break, Martin Cermak · Wednesday, March 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Mar. 30th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB 2012
Hey! Got any plans for Wednesday, March 30th? No? Good! You should come to see my outdoorsy/backpacking/comedy movie then! Check out the trailer below and we'll take it from there.
So, you might be asking yourself, what should I expect? You can say that the movie is basically a tribute to the student's life. It shows what was happening in my head when I realized that my university years were coming to an end. Through the lens of my camera you'll get to see things like dog sledding in the Northern Norway, bike touring along the Norwegian west coast, climbing a seven thousand meter peak in Pamir, or hiking the beautiful Tian Shan. That being said, I can't imagine a better audience than a bunch of VOCers. And if you haven't decided what to do with the next summer break yet, you simply have to see this. Motivation gain guaranteed.
The movie is 60minutes long. Before I play it, I'll talk a bit about what it takes to make a movie that tries to be a little more than just another video travel blog. Also I'll show a few pictures and videos of our super rad screening van.
If you won't be able to make it to the screening, but still would like to see the movie, just sign up as interested. I'll email you the link once I've uploaded it to YouTube.
Location: Earth and Ocean Sciences Building - room 2012 - Google maps link