VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Trail Running (Beg. Friendly) + Banana Pancakes! · Sunday, March 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Mar. 20th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
Interested in exploring the beautiful forests in your backyard? Ever dreamed of feeling the rhythmic pounding of your feet on the ground while surrounded by trees? Wonderful! I have a plan for you. If the answer was no, just give it a shot and I'm sure you'll fall in love.
Where: Pacific Spirit Park
When: Sunday March 20th, 10am (rain or shine)
Who: Anyone interested in (trying out) trail running! Don't need any experience.
We'll go running for about an hour at a very relaxed and enjoyable pace. Bring any questions or things you want to discuss! I'll decide on a route a few days beforehand taking into account who's coming and everyone's experience levels.
What about the pancakes?
If that wasn't enough to convince you, everybody is welcome to come over to my place for banana pancakes afterwards. I live a brief run or bike ride from where we'll end our run.
- Checkout the message board thread for more planned runs: http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,109733
- Some cool podcasts: http://trailrunnernation.com/
- Lastly, for more reasons to go running watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbb00Ytvlo