VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Plastic 2: Learn to (gym) Lead · Wednesday, April 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Apr. 6th, 6:00 pm
End: Wednesday, Apr. 6th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: email
Do you want to take the leap into Lead Climbing?
This is an evening school held in The Aviary where you'll learn the necessary skills to take your climbing to the next level. It will also include some prep work on the VOC forum to learn some theory to help you become a better lead climber.
The pre-requisite skills you should have are top-rope belaying, and top-rope climbing experience (Rock 1). You should consistently & comfortably be able to top-rope 5.9 climbs at The Aviary - you'll find that leading will add a notch of difficulty compared to top-rope!
Why Plastic 2? This isn't a substitute for Rock 2 OR Rock 3! This will prep you for leading indoors on plastic, but when you climb outside there are additional things to keep in mind which are better experienced outside.
- New gear for lead climbing
- Lead belaying
- Lead climbing
- Developing your 'Lead Head'
The 'Going' list will be choosen randomly from 'interested' list on Mar 30th.
Please indicate if you are able to help instruct!