VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Harrison Hut, etc · Thu. Sep. 1st - Mon. Sep. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Sep. 1st, 4:00 pm
End: Monday, Sep. 5th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 30th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
This trip will be relatively low output and beginner friendly, carefully avoiding carrying too much or covering too much distance in any day. While up there we might do a bit of hut maintenance work, though nothing comes to mind at the moment. If we haven't already hauled a chain saw up there earlier in the season to cut firewood, we could of course do that.
If you cannot afford the leisurely schedule described below, then you are of course welcome to make your own, more agressive, schedule.
Last year we had road washouts and forest fire road closures to deal with and these tended to mess with our plans somewhat. This year the loggers are cutting trees on part of our trail; a temporary bypass trail has been built. We can avoid logging trucks on the 4WD road by driving after work.
Thursday Sept 01, drive to trail head in the evening and car camp.
Friday Sept 02 Party A: haul tent etc to half-way point on trail to hut, where hot springs trail meets hut trail. Camp there. Side trip to hot springs is possible.
Party B: hike to Hut. (No tent required.)
Saturday Sept 03 At Hut (eventually) with a days food.
Sunday Sept 04, return to car, arriving at car in evening.
Monday, Sept 05 Public Holiday, Labour Day, drive home, so you can go to work/school on Tuesday.
As of 2016 June 14, the logging up there should not interfere with this trip as long as we do it along the time lines described above.
For Trip Report of Harrison Early Edition, see
EDIT: Due to popular demand, we now have the choice of two nights at the Hut or one night at the Hut and the other near the hot springs. We will be driving home on the 5th, ready for work on the 6th. Hope everybody's happy with that!