VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Phelix July 1st to 3rd · Fri. Jul. 1st - Sun. Jul. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 1st
End: Sunday, Jul. 3rd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 29th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Just in case you don't feel tired enough from hauling wood up Brew and you aren't participating in the Mountain Tinder or the Lead Ladder, come join us for the Canada Day Weekend and help us keep Phelix in good shape!
Below is the to do list for this work hike:
- Install chicken wire around the Hut
- Replace Coleman stoves.
- Deal with whatever problem the Long Lake bridge seems to be having (apparently it's in rough shape after the winter). If you have more detailed information or photos, please let us know here.
- Trail Maintenance.
I will also be doing some reconnaissance work for micro-hydro. If you are interested in this project, please see this message board thread.
The itinerary for this trip is pretty flexible.
- Friday - Leave Vancouver early Arrive at the parking lot in the morning. Hike up to Hut doing Trail work along the way.
- Saturday - Install chicken wire around hut. Go for a hike/climb a mountain. Come scope out micro hydro stuff with myself. Do your own thing.
- Sunday - Hut Cleaning. Hike out to cars, finish any trail work we didn't get to do on the way in.
The pre trip meeting will be sometime the week before. We will keep you updated.