VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Weekday Evening skinning at Cypress Resort · Wednesday, May 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, May. 4th, 5:15 pm
Want an evening work out by hiking, then skinning, then skiing laps in the closed Cypress ski area?
Last week there was some there was almost uninterrupted skinnable snow from the bottom of Eagle Quad up to Black Mountain. I suspect that in the first week of May there will enough snow left to ski, but it will involve some hiking to get to snow, and probably better on the other side of the resort (Mt Strachan / Sky Chair).
Leaving Vancouver around 5:15 PM seemed to work. The traffic through downtown wasn't too bad by the time we got there, and we had time for a couple of laps before dark. The lights are still on in the ski area, for keeners, but after dark the mush turns harder and skiing is less enjoyable.
No pre-trip meeting, just email to be sorted the day before.
Keen for a re-peat?